October is here
October has come and fall is becoming more evident as the days pass. One of our vines in the backyard has turned red and tree leaves are yellowing. I still have flowers blooming (daylilies and such) so my yard duties are not yet over. I got grass seed to fill in the bare patches in the yard and I'm still babying my 3 roses. The other 2 are fine on their own for some reason.
Fall brings about some great things--Halloween, which means costume parties, Thanksgiving, pumpkin carving, cooler weather, Husker games (we're undefeated and btw, WE BEAT ISU!!!), and of course, my birthday!
Last week I sang a solo in chapel with Chorale. The group sang the song (which goes back and forth between French and English) and I sang a separate, improv line over that. I was nervous enough that I couldn't get words out on the line before I sang. After that I had a Global Issues presentation that lasted about 30 min. and went very well despite my anxiety.
This week is a 4 day week (YES) since we have Fall Break Fri-Sun. It will be very nice to not have Music Theory and World Music Friday, as they're boring.
I've just added myself to Facebook which is a huge thing on campus. Basically Myspace with a school emphasis. I've added some people from HS, MMC, and CU, so if you want to join, I'll add ya--just let me know!
"Song of the Day": "Lately" by David Gray on the new CD.
Much love-
Stephen











<< Home