< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Fine then, I'll update!

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Fine then, I'll update!

Hey. Haven't had tons to say, nor tons of time to write it down. I did my 1st voice recital on Sunday, in which I sang 2 memorized songs at a Methodist church performance area. I sang "Sento Nel Core (I Feel In My Heart)", and "They Call the Wind Maria". I was one of 3 guys performing, obviously the one with the most experience in vocal music. Some of the girls were quite talented and show future promise. I would say that I did the best out of everyone...quite possibly due to my formal training. I was thrilled to not screw up as I had in the last rehearsal and I did everything as well as I could hope.
In other news, my mom's finger is in a splint for 4 more weeks cuz it IS fractured after all. Turns out the original report said so, but she wasn't told. She'll have an xray when the splint comes off. Her leg is still bruised from where she fell--looks like she was hit with a baseball. Amazing how the ground can either cushion your fall or break you into bits!
Thursday is my voice final--a jury in front of the dept. profs, including my advisor and theory prof. I'll do "Sento" and "Incline Thine Ear" from memory in the performance hall in the music building.
Went to "Grease" at an outdoor arena after my recital--started lightening so mom had us leave before it was over. It was pretty good aside from leaving and constant mic problems, which made it hard to understand people. I think we're going to "Beauty and the Beast" and "Miss Saigon" within the next couple months.
My pharmacy misplaced my script, so they wouldn't give me my meds--I'm riding an anxiety/fatigue/racing heart rollercoaster thanks to them. Here's hoping this feeling goes away soon so I can go to work like I'm supposed to!
Steve