< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Rushing Around

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Rushing Around

Hey there. I've been to IA and back, brought Grams with me, saw my aunt and cousin, etc etc. I've enjoyed the past couple weeks overall but it's been a bit tiring as well. Traveling always makes one tired. Add to that the fact that I had to help prepare the house for my fam, my bro in law, Grams, and my aunt and cousin. I haven't seen my aunt since 2002 at my graduation and her son hasn't seen me, Mom, or Lisa since 1997. Let's just say he's changed a bit. By a bit I mean he's graduated from HS, gotten 6 ft 3 in tall, and wears size 13 shoes. He'll be going to school in Denver, so he may stop here on his way to and from his home in IA. His parents just went through divorce 'junk', which was a bit of a shocker to the fam. That means that I only have 2 sets of aunts/uncles that stayed together. Since my aunt Nita died of cancer, that makes one living couple that's still married. What is wrong these days?!? This is exactly why I've never been in a relationship.
On the 4th I asked not to be in the parade for once (Dad always has me help him with tossing candy or driving the '69 Olds). I was enjoying being with the fam and watching a pretty good parade until.....my mom tripped, tried to catch herself, fell when the chair collapsed, and dislocated her finger. It turned black in 30 seconds and was bent backwards--causing commotion and my Grandma's near-stroke. Crys took her to the ER while Lisa walked from the parade spot to the hospital. I carried my chair and some other stuff home, then drove up to see what was going on. After 2 x-rays and getting the finger reset, mom came home. The rest of the day pretty much sucked ass except for the firework display (which had its own issues, but we'll ignore them).
Started voice lessons back up today and went back to campus work Tues. I'll have a recital in a couple weeks in Lincoln, which will terrify me, but it will be another experience under the belt and another recital credit for my degree.
I'll get back to you when I can---must run...AGAIN!
steve