Night of encouragement
Don't you love it when you get just what you need and want out of the blue? I decided to check out the old coffee house (which isn't very old, but anywho...) and when I looked in around 11, no one was there. So I went next door and did some of my weekend cleaning at dad's office building. When I went to take something to my car, I noticed the car of a guy I've chatted with at the coffee shop. I went in and he was there with 3 other people, who were from CU I found out later. I heard my name mentioned and the guy (Chris) said he was telling people about how we compare ourselves and our abilities to others. He said that when I play, he feels inadaquate as a musician because I am so good. I told him I think he's nuts and that we play equally well, just in very different styles. It was nice to be bragged up in front of others though.
After hearing of my 'astounding abilities', one of the CU guys asked me to play. I was a bit thrown by the moment, but I sat down and played and even sang...it just came so naturally. All were clapping and speaking praises, which felt amazing. We exchanged names and such and I played and sang more...it was about 12:30 AM when I left. Chris said he's cutting a demo, but doesn't want to do the full CD thing due to the studio issues. When I told him I'm cutting a CD from my home studio this summer he told me that he'd buy one--apparently I'm the first person he's said that to. We'll see what develops as the summer progresses...Keep my calling in your prayers please.
What did tonight show me? My talent is God-given, other people compare themselves to me and I'm not always the 'lesser' in the comparison, playing and singing is completely natural to me, I have potential fans :), and I'm a good friend-maker.
I'm riding high tonight and thank God for that.
God bless,
Steve
Song of the Day: "Suspended" by Matt Nathanson--heard it on Launch.











<< Home