Update and original work
Hey people. Finals are approaching and I've got 3 written exams, a concert, and 2 juries for applied music (solo) to do. Today I'm attending a recital for credit and asking one of the performers if they'd accompany me in my voice jury. Next week my article for Sower will be published. I might have another story published in the last paper. This week the SCC publication with my poem "A Warrior's Weapon" will be released. I'm gonna get a couple copies of that.
I saw Michelle P from MMC this week! She went to church in my town the same time I did and caught me after mass. I was floored, not expecting to see her again. We used to hang out in Chad's room a bunch. Her bf goes to CU and I think he's in my World Civ. class. It was great to talk with her.
I've applied for an on-campus job cleaning/mowing/painting---we'll see what they have me do. It's a pretty sure bet that I'll be hired. I've also got the cleaning job and 2 properties to mow for my dad, so I'll have some money for ONCE!
Today a Super WalMart opened here and I went to check it out---very large, very Walmart, very trying to be cool. I'm not against it, not for it, just accepting that this massive sign of corporate America is in my town.
Went to James Arthur Vineyards for my sister's 27th birthday. It's Nebraska's largest winery and it was a great getaway. Very peaceful with excellent wines to test--I tried Vignolles (Vin yole) which had a hint of peach--quite good. We're gonna go back closer to mom's bday when the grapes are on the vines.
Here's my poem from the MMC book "Midstream":
Start Here
I was standing in a dark room
Feeling tired and let down
I could not see to find my way
Though I looked all around
I was waiting for a lantern,
A beam to break the night
All I wanted was a leader
To get me into light
Then all at once a burst of rays
Came flooding right at me
The Lord held His arms out wide
And He said, "Come, walk with me."
"Start here when you are weary
Start here when you're alone
Start here when you are frightened
Start here when you miss home
Just ask for me and I'll be here
Making all of your paths clear
So whenever you need me, start here."
(Not my best work, but it's published)











<< Home