< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: And Spring Break Comes To An End

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

And Spring Break Comes To An End

Well, I never told you about my open mic night in detail, but if you must know--IM me on MSN.

Tomorrow I go back to my regularly scheduled classes. Spring Break hasn't been exactly thrilling, but it's been great to get away from the classrooms for a while. I saw Cheryl for the first time since MMC (2 years ago) which was very cool. Hopefully I didn't bore her or talk her ear off. I would love to have my other MMC buds down sometime as well, perhaps this summer. My mom got to see Cheryl after all, being that she came home Sunday after being with my grandma. Grams is doing well after her heart surgery--they put 3 stints in to open blocked vessels. She sounds good and just might be feeling better than she has in a long time with improved ciruculation. On Thursday I saw the film version of "The Phantom of the Opera". I have loved this opera (musical) since I was very young--at least 1st grade. I got the original cast recording on cassette tape from 'Santa' and listened to the tapes all the way to and from our family vacation to South Dakota. My 3rd grade piano recital piece was a 10 page 'easy piano' version of the main song. I saw 2 versions, including Webber's on stage. Needless to say, I was worried the film version wouldn't live up to expectations. I must say though that I really enjoyed it. Some lyrics changed, a new melody has been added, and some events are slightly switched in timing, but it works perfectly for film and pays homage to the original production. Yesterday I went to Lincoln and bought some stuff using gift certificates I've had since Christmas, which was a fun, delayed present. I got a green shirt that says "Stumble Inn" with a shamrock on it for St. Patty's Day (and my love of Ireland). And so ends my break. Throw in some homework and you have the picture.
Thanks to Jonathan for FINALLY signing the guestbook (I've only been online a year now).
Song of the Day: "Music of the Night" from the Phantom.
Much love,
Steve