< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: This cold is like the energizer bunny...it keeps going, and going, and going...

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

This cold is like the energizer bunny...it keeps going, and going, and going...

Hey all. I've been sick for 3 1/2 weeks, which has made me care less about posting. I have read and responded to comments though. I went to the ER yesterday to get a strep test since the clinic was closed. After an hour or so there (in the just-opened, all new wing of the hospital) I went home and waited for the call. A 1/2 hour later...strep test was negative! So...it's not flu, it's not strep, it must be a bad cold. I'm taking Tylenol Cold for the daytime and getting fluids, vitamins, etc.
Cheryl is here in town!!! We haven't seen each other in 2 years and 1 month, so I'm very excited. She called last night but we are gonna end up meeting today. She's staying with her bro when she's not with me. I hope I don't get her sick--my grams told me not to be kissing her! Gotta love Grams. She just got home Friday from an angioplasty she had done on Thursday. It was a sudden thing none of us expected. They opened 3 blocked blood vessels and didn't have to do open heart surgery--THANK GOD. She was even answering the phone yesterday. She sounds tired and a bit rough, but she's got her usual attitude, which is great.
Dad bought Girl Scout cookies. I've eaten 2 1/2 boxes already. Another box went to Iowa with mom and Lisa, who brought Grams home from the hospital and are staying until tomorrow afternoon. That leaves 1 1/2 boxes left that I'm trying to avoid. Good news--I lost a few pounds. I'm still trying to get back into the shape I was in at MMC (physically only thank you--we can leave the emotional baggage) and even improve upon that.
It sucks Lisa and Mom probably won't see Cheryl unless she stays a bit longer than planned. I'll get her bro or someone to take a pic of us--I never had one taken at MMC.
Well, gotta get my hair washed, take a vitamin, warm up my voice since Cheryl wants me to play and sing for her, and take it from there.

Song of the Day: "Almighty God" by Amy Stroup. Very simple, pretty song in the style of Sixpence None the Richer.

Until next time,
Steve