Getting there bit by bit
Well, another week has begun and I've had trouble with class attendance. I'm not shaken though--things will work out. I've caught up my Bible reading for one class and turned in an assignment today. When I go on Thursday, I'll be right in the scheme of things. No word from one of my profs. that I've emailed and sent a letter to. That upsets me. I need to know what notes, articles, text, videos, and such has been gone over but that's hard when I never catch her in her office and never get replies. I'm trying there with no luck. The other classes are going well. I have a voice lesson and a meeting for the newspaper yet today. If I'm motivated, I'll do my Tuesday night workout session at the gym. My arms are looking more defined and I've dropped 3 of the lbs. I had gained.
I was up at the office scooping snow at 7:30 am yesterday. 2 businesses to the left and one to the right had not scooped snow, but when the city complains at how snow is scooped, who do they complain to? Moi. There is a decorative fence (such a dumb idea) in front of the office, which means you have to either sling snow over it or try to squeeze the shovel under it to push snow into the street. Of course, then they complain that it's in the street. If you leave it by the fence, they complain that it's NOT in the street. Geez. The fence sucks and serves no purpose--the fact that it's only in front of a few downtown businesses makes me even more pissed cuz that means most people don't have this trouble at their offices. To make me more upset, my dad goes, "I thought you were gonna scoop my sidewalks!" yesterday around 9:30. I was like, "I already did you ASSHOLE and if you would have actually gone to the office, you'd know that!" Ah, the love of father and son.
Mom and Lisa are going to Iowa without me this coming weekend to visit my Grams for her 86th birthday. I usually go, but I'm gonna do homework and I just don't feel like the trip.
There is an open mic night at the coffee shop on the 25th and I'm crossing my fingers and toes that I have the guts to do 2 or 3 songs to get the experience and put my name out there. Wish me luck.
Went to CUnplugged and listened to a Nashville singer named Zane Williams. He writes music, sings, plays guitar, and has a CD in the works with some bigtime country music people. He was very entertaining and made us laugh a ton. I was there early, so I got a free CUnplugged mug and helped set up the seats. I also got to meet some new people on campus, which was great.
Tomorrow I have World Civ., Piano, Voice, and Ash Wednesday mass. I am supposed to attend a general recital for music credits. Not sure how that's gonna all happen.
Y'all are in my prayers and I hope to see you in person sometime soon. Erin is trying to get down here sometime, maybe March, which should be fun. Haven't seen her since this month 2 years ago. Side note-FUCK YOU MMC! Whew.
If you go to Launch on Yahoo, you can listen to my personalized radio station (under redrenault). I have 950-975 ratings yet to go to be called a Launch "Addict". Right now I'm a "Fanatic".
Much love, much peace,
Steve
Song of the Day: "High and Dry" by Radiohead. Jamie Cullum's version is cool too.











<< Home