And something new begins
Tomorrow is the day I get a lot of my stuff done on campus. I'll pick up my mailbox key, have a meeting for new/transfer students, find my email address, and possibly get my parking sticker, student ID photo, and more. I'm excited and nervous. More nervous today than I've been. Also depressed. I'm used to this...it's how I am, but it's still not fair and it's very difficult. I should be at church right now, but when I got to the other side of town I felt sick to my stomach and drained of all energy. Here I am at home. Today I went to Lincoln to get some stuff I've been wanting for a long time since JC Penney had a huge sale on everything. I had a MASSIVE panic attack and grabbed some sheets that were 40% off, paid, and left. I had planned on getting more than one set since my others are crap. I also should have looked at the 50% off shoes since mine are old and falling apart a bit. Many other things I wanted to look at and didn't...Mom and my sis were pretty understanding, but not happy. I ended up sitting in my sister's car in the parking lot while they ate lunch at Panera. The lights, noises, and crowds of the city were more than I could handle today. Mom called my cel. while I was in the car and asked if I was OK. Trying to hold myself together, I simply stated, "No".
I have gotten the registration nightmare pretty much taken care of and I am at least a full-time student now, with 12 credit hours. I am taking New Testament, Men's Chorale, Global Issues, World Civilizations II, piano, and voice. Though I took Compostion I and II, Poetry Writing, African American Lit, Women's Lit, etc. at SCC, CU is claiming that I do not meet the basic English requirements. This is bullshit and I'm letting them know that. I need to take Human Performance classes that basically discuss heath, fitness, nutrition, etc., so I might take Tennis, Swimming, and/or Stress Management. Nice thing is that a lot of those classes are only 1/2 semesters so I can only would have to take them March-May. My first class is at 10:10 Monday.
I would appreciate prayers very much this week as I'm starting to fill with self-doubt and fear. I think this level of medication that I've been on a month is causing daily fatigue that causes me to sleep a ton and I guess I'll have to go through ANOTHER adjustment. Pray for me, my family, my doctors, and my medical treatment.
In other news: "King Arthur"-boring, "Stepford Wives"-kinda funny, "Taking Lives"-disgusting, "Wicker Park"-AWESOME, "Wimbeldon"-good but obviously done by the "Notting Hill" people, and "Surviving Christmas"-great 1st half, awful 2nd half.
Songs of the Day: "Never Alone" by Barlow Girl, "Collide" by Howie Day.
Keep in touch,
Stephen











<< Home