< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Christmas Eve Eve

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas Eve Eve

Happy Holidays! This past week has presented more than enough stress. I can't really talk too much about it, but let's just say sometimes I wish this house were bigger with more rooms to hide out in! Also, my sister and her husband are in need of prayers.
On a lighter note, I have made sugar cookies and spritz cookies for tomorrow. I also made pretzels and pretzel sticks with white and dark almond bark--very fancy looking. I even tried a mint chocolate concoction of my own. Grams is here and she'll be around until the 31st. She's taking the couch, which she claims is comfortable (it may be since she's only 5' 2" or whatever) but for me it's not so great. I have my bed which is something new to me after almost 2 decades of giving my room away. I have offered to take the couch or the air bed but it hasn't come to that yet. Tonight we are setting the table for the big day. We celebrate Christmas Eve by going to mass (the one church service my dad attends), eating treats and drinking wine/champagne, having homemade pizza, and unwrapping presents. After that, we play games and/or watch a movie. Christmas Day is when we get up, find Santa's goodies in our stockings, and enjoy some leftovers and the new presents for the rest of the day. We pretty much chill out until New Year's Eve then.
I have been getting a ton of paperwork from CU. I have many things filled out but I have a way to go yet. Classes start the 10th and I need to be at a couple of meetings and such on the 9th. Here goes yet another new experience in my life...I hope this one works out well.
My prayers and thoughts are with you all...please remember me in the same way.
Songs of the Day: "It Wasn't His Child" by Trisha Yearwood and "Believe" by Josh Groban.

Stephen Brown