< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: First Snow

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Sunday, November 28, 2004

First Snow

We got our first snow today. It came down as the big, fluffy kind that slowly makes its way down to the ground. The evergreens look great now. I have all the lights done already, so that is a relief. They look beautiful under the snow. The greenery and red ribbons on the white pillars on either side of the porch look perfect, like a postcard or something.
I had plenty to eat on Thanksgiving. Plenty leftover as well (thanks to Dad). The man never gets that 4 people equal 4 people, not 8-12. Two nights ago was leftover night, last night was "let's get out a frozen pizza and watch a movie" night, and tonight it's meatloaf. Tomorrow will probably be another night of leftovers. Yeah.
I've gotten everyone taken care of as far as presents except for my oldest sister. I am going to make some CD copies of Josh Groban and such for my grandma who was given a CD player from my mom a few years ago. We've already given her Celine Dion and "Pearl Harbor".
I have an exam and the usual assignments this week. I'll be done with class in 2 1/2 weeks! Still no word from CU about registration. If I don't hear from them tomorrow, I'll give the campus office a visit. Again.
Yesterday I hung out with a lady friend of mine and we made white almond bark pretzels (which I enhanced with melted chocolate stripes), frosted sugar cookies, and smashed mints for a chocolate mint fudge. I also fixed the audio on their computer at her dad's request and burned a CD for she and her mother to share. It was great to get out of the house and enjoy time with someone I haven't seen in quite some time.
In similar news, Cheryl came to town and failed to call me! It's all good, but next time I'm hunting you down! :) It was a busy day and I completely understand why it didn't work out.
Discussion topic: What do you love most about Christmas? Who do you want to share the holidays with?
Song of the Day: "Start to Fly" by Plus One (before dropping 2 of the members).
SCB