< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Much News

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Much News

First of all I want to say that today is a day of remembrance for me. 3 years ago today during my senior year of high school, a bus carrying our marching band home went off of a 60-foot-high bridge. Two freshman boys and a parent of one of my classmates died instantly. A couple weeks later, a classmate of mine died from injuries. A great friend had her arm broken and pelvis shattered, another had her head split open, and a few were thought to be paralyzed for life. Three years later, there have been full or near-full recoveries by all. Those that were said to be unable to walk are walking, though one needs a cane. Our prayers were answered and I'm thankful. Those freshman are now seniors and will graduate in May. As a former marching band member, it it me hard. One of the sections on that particular bus was the trombone section, my section. The one reason I quit marching band: I was terrified of travelling on the buses. It's a long, but true, story and I am thankful to God that I had that fear...after all, I'm alive. I think all three boys killed were in the trombone section.
************
In a completely different note, I want to state some good news. The house painting is nearly completed. The frames are going to be back in the windows soon, allowing the glass and screens to go back as well. The gutters are ready to go up, we just have to say when. It looks beautiful and several neighbors and friends have said so. Dad is buying new carpet for the front steps which will be in before winter.
In computer news, I'm FINALLY getting a new one! The new system, already ordered, will arrive soon. It has a CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-RW, and floppy drive. It is running on an Intel Pentium 4 with Windows 2000 office and free software. It has 120 GB and 512 MB, so it will be blazing fast. With it comes an HP printer, multimedia keyboard, and optical mouse. The monitor is 17" and the tower comes in a "DIT Cool Case" called "E-Xtreme" black. I'll post pics if I find time and figure that out. Maybe I'll get some shots of the house too. Here's to putting an album (of some sort) out by next year. I'll keep you posted.
I'm 1/2 through week two of classes and things are going good. I always freak about homework and due dates and I need to stop. I can't make myself just relax. I find myself reading and writing in a frantic state of anxiety. Yuck.

Well, I'm gonna get to the much-loved HW, so wish me luck.
SCB