< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Keeping busy, staying positive

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Keeping busy, staying positive

Here's what I did today: got my hair trimmed, wrote 2 outlines and summaries for chapters in my new English class, did a bit of painting on the back of the house, took my cat to the vet for shots, finished my classwork, made supper, watched part of the debate, decorated my dad's office for Halloween, watched John Kerry get pissy and lie repeatedly, and now I'm updating the blog. After this I think I'm going to the coffee shop and then for a walk. Whew!
In case you are interested, I am done with week one of classes. Everything is going quite well. I am taking online courses in Art History/Criticism, Intro. to Fiction, and Basic Nutrition. I have a good-sized workload, but I'll manage. Two of the classes are in a new setup called MyWebCT which I've never used. I'm getting used to the change, but still have adjustments to make.
Today I made my dad a list of things I want/need in a computer. If we don't go through Dell, he's going to have someone he knows set up a system for us using parts from DIT. I guess this guy set up computers for the office, so he should be good. Looks like the new one will go in my room!
Yesterday was the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary and I feel that I've recieved some blessings lately, perhaps due to my devotion in this area. October is also the month in which the Church specifically celebrates the rosary.
I think I'm doing better than I have in a long time and with another slight medicine adjustment (only in doseage) I could be on my way to being my true self! Let's keep praying!
My birthday is in 2 1/2 weeks and I'm pretty excited. No one is here though, so it looks like I'll celebrate with my sisters and brother-in-law. That kinda scares me.
One week until my sister's Halloween costume party and I have yet to look for a costume. There are 2 thrift stores in town I'm going to check and if nothing turns up, I'll hit Goodwill and the Salvation Army. Oh where are my bell-bottoms?
Tomorrow I plan on doing more painting, more homework, and cleaning my dad's office building. There's also a concert happening on the campus that I hope to attend--we'll see. I'm not sure what building it's even in. I have my guesses though.
My most recent CD purchases are Jamie Cullum's "Twentysomething" and Howie Day's "Stop All the World Now". Both take a few listens before you really get into the mood of them, but they deserve a listen. You can check out music and videos of these guys on Launch, a Yahoo service. Just click the "music" link on the Yahoo main page and you'll go right there. I love their free internet radio.
I'm out--gonna see what's up around town.
Song of the Day: "Broken" by Seether feat. Amy Lee.