< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: deja vu all over again

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

deja vu all over again

Life has been tons of fun...not.
I've started yet ANOTHER medicine, this time something of a completely new 'family' that may actually be the thing I need to finally get my health in order. Prayers are appreciated! I'm also getting ready to register for my next (and last) term at SCC. Haven't found any online classes that meet requirements. The telecourses don't really fit well either. On campus classes are split between two campuses and I can't find any two that are back-to-back in one spot. I have no idea what I'm gonna do. I also have another loan exit counseling session to do since I'm below half-time status. This means that I'll do yet another entrance counseling session in October to regain deferment as I'll be full-time. God this gets annoying.
The university here starts back up this week so I'll finally have some peers in this town that I can hang with. Might have the first hint of a social life since MMC!
Our nosey neighbors have joined together in complaining about "our" stray cats that roam the block. The thing is they aren't ours and every neighbor that is complaining has also put out food for them. Hint: if you don't want cats around, don't put out food. One particularly dramatic neighbor came over to our house and said she had called the city to have the cats removed. Knowing that the city sends out an a$$hole of a human being who thinks he's a cop that automatically takes the animals to be killed, I caught the three tiger cats and went to Lincoln with my mom to the Humane Society to give them a chance at adoption...what can I say, I'm a nice guy. It wasn't easy though. Another neighbor who NEVER shuts up came through our yard when I was trying to get the cats and scared them all away by her presence. She wanted us to know that the city had been called. We told her we knew (hence the damn cage) and she kept explaining. My mom told her she needed to leave so we could catch the cats and she kept talking, telling her story 5 times in a row. I almost killed an old lady that day. Not sure what the shelter will do with them, but I'm going to check the website to see if they come on. My mom started sobbing when we were leaving and I felt bad that she had to deal with all this crap.
House still needs work--priming isn't even done--it would be nice if just one person could help me. I have my dad's office to clean tonight and a lot to mow tomorrow.
See ya later,
Steve