Red, White, and Blah
Just got done with all the 4th festivities. My older sister came over with her husband. My other sister brought 5 friends over. Me? No one. Interesting though how I'm the only one that did yardwork and cleaned the house. I haven't felt quite right (go fig) and didn't get into all of the celebration. Went downtown with the family but ditched them after they drove me to insanity by stopping every 10 feet to talk with someone on the crowded sidewalks. Nothing thrilled me so I got a 'tiger's blood' snow cone and went home. After eating with the gang of people I watched "Batman Returns" by my lonesome and recorded my version of "Everytime" by Britney Spears. She sucks, but the song is well-written. At 9:30 I drove myself to the fireworks area and found a spot only 1 block from where my folks were sitting. (What can I say, I've got an eye). The fireworks were 20-25 minutes late but were very good when they actually got going. Went home (beating the crowd) and shot off the rest of my fireworks.
This week I have to take the mother cat to get spayed and vaccinated, get my hair cut, work both jobs, buy my textbooks for summer term, call to have my car's headliner replaced, send in even more paperwork to CU so they can finalize my financial aid, and God knows what else.
I did have a good time with people in general today...just was a bit out of the mood. Got to see a lifelong best friend that I haven't seen in a while and though we did the small talk thing, it was good to see him.
Keep in touch,
Steve
Song of the Day: "Everytime" by whoever Britney hired to write this one.











<< Home