< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Feeling Better

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Friday, May 28, 2004

Feeling Better

Hey everyone. Haven't had many comments posted. Those that were posted were responded to, but I don't know if anyone read them.
I have stopped taking one of my meds and feel a great improvement since. I feel more like myself than I have in months and am doing things that I've been shying away from! Thanks for all the prayers--they work, it just takes time--God's time. That's something I still struggle with daily.
I'm pretty upset because our priest (my mom's boss and my friend) has been transferred to North Platte and we will have someone new. I wish we could keep them longer than 4-6 years, especially when the parish loves them. I hear the new one is great, but I'm really down about this one leaving. I'm putting together a few compilation CDs with songs from my CD stash that remind me of him or ones I think he'll like. Since I have around 200 CDs, the task has been very time consuming and difficult. Fr. leaves in a couple weeks so I have to get busy.
I'm going to be a teacher for Summer Vacation Bible School, grades K-1. That should be a blast. As always, I'm the sole prop guy, meaning I have to design, create, and set up every 'scene' in every room. This year I have a grotto to build, a shroud sorta thing to paint, and possibly a fountain to set up. I'm also the music dude, so I'll be singing and playing piano and dancing like a moron for the entertainment of children...I feel like a fool doing it, but it's God's work and the smiles are a good payoff.
I'm trying to get back into work at MPV, though I don't feel great about it. Hopefully by mid-June I'm getting 3 days a week. That doesn't sound like much, but we have a bunch of employees and I also have my weekend job at dad's office.
Still saving every penny so I can get a computer tower with CD burner. I'm praying for money, but only from good things (I don't want a relative to drop so I can get money).
Shout out to KL for being my chat buddy. My South Dakota friends have been separated from the beloved laptops and don't all have internet access over the summer--you have been the only peer I've really had to bug! :)
Everyone, have a GREAT summer! I hope to see you Cheryl when you come out in July. Let me know. BTW, I have my pics developed, so I'll send you one--turned out really good. I'll send anyone who wants one a copy (I'll have to scan them).
Song of the Day: "Shine" by Newsboys.
Rock on,
Steve