< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Beautiful Day

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Beautiful Day

Hey guys,
I've been getting better everyday. I still have the bad moments, but I'm fighting back again. I went to work today for the 2nd time within a week. That's more work at MPV than I've put in the previous month! It got difficult, but I made it. Thank you all for your prayers as I'm sure they have helped.
Kyle-haven't seen you post many comments here in a while and you haven't responded to my MSN chat or email. What's up? Hope everything's OK.
The sun was out today and I've been using the good weather to do yardwork, which includes mowing, weed-wacking, planting flowers, pruning, and the like. I really want to 'spruce' up the yard this year. In other good sprucing up news, it looks like we are finally going to get the gutters, overhangs, etc. replaced/restored in the near future! We have had massive holes in the overhangs and now we have bird families that have nested in our roof. We are also planning to paint our house this spring or summer which will be its first paint job in 19 years. I have pictures of me by the house the last time we painted (1985) and I was 1 1/2 years old. IT'S TIME FOR NEW PAINT! :) Think we're going with a tan color (like a shade of a Starbucks drink basically) with white trim to make it all crisp and neat. Anyone wanna help strip the old and paint the new? I'll buy you a drink.
Pretty soon I'll be hearing back from CU to see if I've been accepted. I have no idea why I wouldn't, but who knows. I have yet to be turned down from a school I've applied to. It's too late for their music scholarships for fall, so I'm further led to believe that January is the time I'm meant to begin.
Amazingly enough I am done with homework for the night and have been for hours now. I can't tell you how good (and rare) this is.
I'm using my dad's office computer right now because it is SO MUCH FASTER than mine at home. Gotta love the fringe benefits of being a cleaning guy at your dad's business! I didn't even tell him I was coming up here.
This weekend my Grams comes out from Iowa to celebrate my sister's 29th birthday and Mother's Day. Prayers for safe travel and great health would be appreciated. By the way, I still say prayers for you guys!
"Friends" is ending and I'm depressed I can't watch the finale but whatever...stinks not having cable, but it makes me do better things with my time. I've been watching the DVDs of the seasons (3, 5, and 6) because my sisters have been getting them for birthday and Christmas gifts.
One month left of classes and I get a 3-week break!
Well, I better get going guys.
The Song of the Day is "Leaving Ninety-Nine" by Audio Adrenaline because it's a cool song that just played on Yahoo Launchcast.
Steve