< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: My life since last blog

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Sunday, June 20, 2004

My life since last blog

Still have no word from CU about acceptance, but I've received a letter from the band department saying they're happy to have me, which leads me to believe I've been accepted. I also don't have my financial stuff from SCC and classes start up again in a few weeks. I'd like to know what I'm expected to pay.
Took the kittens to the vet. They have ear mites, ringworm, and worms. YEAH! Not knowing this, I've been petting them and I have ringworm too. I have itchy circles all over my body. This is what I get for taking in an animal to care for. The mother cat must have brought everything in from outdoors. Say a prayer that the kittens make it out Ok cuz the boy has it the worst and his fur is missing in patches.
Tomorrow (technically today) I'm going with the family to a baseball game. I have no interest in watching sports; I'd rather be playing ball than witnessing it. It should be meaningful to dad though so I have to do it for a Father's Day thing. I got him one of those Willow Tree figurines of a father and son. Hope he likes.
I may have an opportunity to try out for "Jekyll and Hyde" the musical this fall. Somehow my digital cable recorded a stage production of it....is that a sign? No one set it to record! I've been watching it to see who I'd even want to try out for.
Sent yet another loan check in. By 2008 I should have it paid off! I worked 2 jobs today but neither is a huge money-maker.
As time goes on I feel that my talents should be used equally for writing and music, rather than just music. I've started an autobiography that is full of humor and intended to be inspirational and last night I began a novel based on my relationship with my grandpa. I'm VERY excited about that one. I think it could go over well with people. I'm considering a music major and a creative writing minor (or the like). I'm also waiting to see if my poetry is selected for publication at SCC. I won't know until next month at the earliest.
Still trying to figure out how to arrange, paint, and style my bedroom. Also putting pressure on my parents to get going on painting the house. Also looking for a computer. I'd love a laptop, but I'm not sure I trust that for making hundreds of copies of my CDs. I want something portable, but I don't think that a laptop is going to give me the power, memory, and options that a PC or Mac would. If you have any comments, do share.
It's getting late and I better get to sleep-got the first mass with the new priest and of course the game to go to.
What should the Song of the Day be? Here's one: "Love's Divine" by Seal.
PS Did you know that Madonna's new name is Esther?
Much love,
Steve