< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: First June Blog Ever

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Friday, June 04, 2004

First June Blog Ever

Hey guys. Thanks to those who keep reading and have posted comments. Hopefully you notice I do read and respond. I've been busy, busy, busy this week and have tried not to pull my hair out (or what little is there after getting it shaved down). I taught Vacation Bible School at my church this week Wed-Fri and it has been great but tiring. I am not only the teacher, but have been the one in charge (for years now) to set up rooms. I had 3 rooms to design and 'build'. In one room I used faux rock to make a French grotto. In another I made a make-shift Mexican altar with a hand-painted Lady of Guadalupe image hanging above it. The other room needed little design, but I had to set up tables and displays. My first day teaching was the worst because I was going on 2 hours of sleep (thanks to the unfinished Guadalupe image and my dad). I about passed out during mass, but that's OK. I'm grateful for the great weather, the awesome kids I had, and the ability to share my faith--something I'm passionate about. PS-We aren't getting paid this year.
The kittens are now 4 weeks old. They have begun to poop! I'm trying to teach them about litter boxes--they have preferred leaving the 'nest' and going on the carpet or just going wherever they are...fun stuff. They climb out of the nest-box they sleep in and are getting to be great runners. Shouldn't be long before they don't need to be nursed by Honey (momma cat) anymore.
Classes are winding down and I'm in much need of a break. I was asked to perform at the Cornhusker State Games in a talent competition, but I just can't do it now. Gotta do those finals and get myself doing more things just for fun. I'll be glad when June 10 comes around because I'll be able to start my break.
Still don't know about work at MPV. My boss hasn't talked to me in over a month, so I have no clue what she thinks. I checked in with a lady I thought I was gonna fill in for and she didn't need me. Maybe I'll get back to work, maybe not. I don't care at this point.
Have a great one and stay safe this summer! Hope to stay in touch with you guys.
Song of the Day: "Hands" by Jewel

SB