< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: meow

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Sunday, July 11, 2004

meow

Enough with the cats already! Thought some of the strays had gone away. The gray one was hanging out by our garage and meowing loud. Turns out she has 2 kittens in there, probably 3 weeks old. Yes, they're lovely, but they need to GO! Just got Honey fixed. Surgery and shots: $200.00. Trying to be a nice person who helps a stray: priceless. Just priceless.
My mom and I are sick with the flu. She's puking, I'm not (yet). I slept for 13 hours last night, got up, went to bed after a while, and slept for 4 more hours. I was still tired when I got up. Dizzy too. Fun stuff.
Good news: FINALLY got the acceptance letter from CU. Also got a letter from the current college: they've sorted through 200 entries and picked my poem for the annual publication. I've been invited to an honorary dinner with the unveiling of the book and have been asked to join the judging panel for the next one as well!! YES! I know I should be a writer-this is my 3rd college publication I've been accepted to.
Classes start this week. Taking History 1 and Creative Writing (go fig). Should be interesting.
Next Monday there is a talent search with cash prizes here in town. I'm thinking of doing it but need to fight the nerves first. Here's one for courage...
Check out Dickie Robert's with David Spade--very funny and has a good point. Tomorrow I'm watching Timeline with Paul Walker.
Song of the Day: "Winter" by Tori Amos. Find it on the "Little Earthquakes" CD or her recent collection "Tales of a Librarian".
Side note: my dad cried when I told him about the poem. He hugged me 2x and said "I'm so proud of you, I really am." This goes down in the books.
Love ya,
Steve