< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Paint, music, and more

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Paint, music, and more

God bless the nation on the 3rd anniversary of 9/11. Let's all remember to keep praying for our leaders, troops, police, and fire/rescue workers.
The painting is almost complete on the front and back of the house. The sides still need a ton of work. The colors are looking great and the whole house looks bigger and warmer. I kind of view it as a cottage now. We've used 'Stonington' tan, bright white, and 'New England' red. The house numbers, light fixtures, and eagle above the garage door will be gold/bronze.
Must be a busy time for everyone because I haven't been seeing anyone online these past few days. Hope everything is good with my friends and I hope to see you on this or MSN soon.
I recently bought "The Passion of the Christ" in widescreen DVD format as well as "The Passion of the Christ: Songs" CD. I highly recommend both, especially the film--it is the most powerful depiction of Christ's life I've seen. The CD is brand new and contains music inspired by the film from artist like Scott Stapp, Mercy Me, Third Day, Steven Curtis Chapman, and P.O.D. There is a song from Lauryn Hill that took a good 15 seconds to write. The talent is extremely lacking in it, but I've come up with my own song to layer over it and it sounds cool. The film's original score is quite nice too, for those into instrumental music. Among the scores I have are "Mr. Holland's Opus", "Titanic", "Moulin Rouge", "The Prince of Egypt", and "Chicago".
Tonight I've got some class stuff to read which will surely bore me to death. I also have rented the movie "Laws of Attraction" with Pierce Brosnan and of course, need to watch Big Brother 5. I'm crossing my fingers that Drew wins.
Comment topic: If you were to be on a reality show, which would it be and why? I wouldn't do Big Brother because I don't want mics and cameras absolutely everywhere 24/7 while people watch live. I also wouldn't do Survivor, Amazing Race, or any dating show. I'd only do Fear Factor if I wasn't gonna eat something nasty. I think I'd do Real World because you get to meet new people, see a new city, and the cameras aren't always on you. I still think Real World needs to forget the coasts for a while and do Omaha, Kansas City, or Denver.
Song of the Day: "New Again " from "The Passion of the Christ: Songs".
Keep truckin',
Steve