Drama unfolds
Hello all. Much has happened since I posted last. For one, I'm now 21 and I have a new driver's licence--we've gone to the fancy credit card style ones now. My fam just chilled at the house for my birthday. My oldest sis made an amazing chocolate cake with coffee in it. My other sis got me 'beer bread'. She got a loaf of honey wheat from Panera and cut a circle out of it and put a can of Coors light in the hole! Works for me. She also got me a bamboo plant and 2 shirts from Gap...gotta love her. Mom and Dad got me WOW 2005 to add to my CD stash (I have 98-05 now). I also got a webcam for the new computer. We got 3 pizzas and all of them were overcooked and the crusts weren't right, so they are sending us a free pizza certificate. I had a bit of apple wine and some Coors and that was it. Crystal brought Arbor Mist blenders (strawberry) but I didn't end up getting one...maybe later. Ended up playing the Friends Trivia Game and Pictionary and watched some TV. I got cards from some friends and money from 3 people. I even got a call from an old lady from our church that loves me and wished me happy birthday. She's so sweet...she makes me kolaches and stuff. Guess what else I got? Drum roll.............a guitar!?! Yeah, didn't ask for that and knew from the massive box that was delivered a month ahead of time that my dad got one (I've come to read his thoughts) so it wasn't a surprise, yet it wasn't really expected either. My sisters just kind of looked confused. Crystal said, "You play guitar?" I said, "Guess I do now." Dad means well and the thing is great (comes with straps, strings, picks, an amp, cleaning cloth, instructional books and dvds, etc.). I've learned to tune it and I can play a scale. If I just play one note at a time, I can accompany myself on a Tori Amos song. We'll see what happens there...Dad is already asking me how far I've come on it and wants me to perform next month...RIGHT. His expectations are so high that if I don't meet them, I look like a lazy bum. "When are you gonna get a Grammy? Why aren't you touring? Don't you wanna perform around town at least?" Urgh.
In school news, I visited CU and got the financial aid thing worked out. Looks like it won't be the big chunk out of the bank I thought (thank God) but it still isn't cheap. I'm glad for grants and loans. I'm meeting with the music director next month to audition and ask for music scholarships. I dropped Modern Fiction due to a jerk of a professor and a series of aggravating events. My computer shut off and wouldn't start back up (whole other story) and I couldn't access my classes. I missed a small part of a large assignment that was otherwise done and the guy dropped my grade from an A to a B. I told him I didn't realize that the small portion was to be submitted and he basically said, "Too bad, I'm dropping the grade." Without a computer and having the birthday stuff going on, I was unable to submit another assignment. I emailed him to let him know and it took 6 days to get a response. By that time it was too late and he dropped me to a 64 or something and that means I couldn't get credit or pass, even if I got A's here on out. I complained to my advisor who thought the prof. was a loser and the advisor said, "Drop the class, you don't need it." So I did.
The computer is back and is now properly hooked up. Might still be something wrong in the software that makes it freeze up and give run errors and such, but at least I have something to work with. Today I used it to burn a 16 track CD of rare Tori Amos songs.
Tonight I rented Cold Creek Manor and 21 Grams so I have something to do. Besides homework.
Tomorrow I have to get up and help the guys put insulation in our roof at 7:30 am. FUN.
Did nothing today but homework and spray painting of the old door. Our cats got back from the vet today. Joey is fixed and has no front claws. Honey has no front claws. Arwen continued to bleed so they kept her. I feel like a bastard when they look at me. I never wanted Honey to have her claws taken. You can tell she's in pain. She also seems to want her daughter.
Song of the Day: "Lovesong". The original is by The Cure. Check out the versions by 311 and Tori Amos...very cool.
Stay in touch,
Steve











<< Home