< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: The Big Day Is Here

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The Big Day Is Here

Well, here it is...the day that has been getting buzz for a year (at least). I've done my part and have cast my votes on all issues I know and care about on the city, state, and national level. Ended up going with my mom and, get this, our priest. Mom works for the church and Father needed a ride, so we took him to the polls. I hope all reading have done some research on issues and voted based on what you thought was the right thing. This is my first presidential election vote (aside from primaries) and I'm sure it will be one I'll remember; maybe even one my children will ask about. Needless to say if you know me, I have said many prayers over this election. May God bless our nation and the man elected to run the upcoming term.

In house news, the windows and screen are in and I put the front door frame (newly painted white) in its place. Next up is finishing the door itself and installing it. I have some pics of the house which I'll try to get posted in some fashion. I heard our neighbor lady talking about it to the people from across the street--sounded like only good things.

Well, November is here and that means that the kittens are 6 months old, the blog is 8 months old, the election issue is way too old, I have CU registration to do, and I have 1 1/2 months left at SCC.

As I mentioned, three of the four cats have gotten declawed in the front. They are all limping and whining a bit and I feel sorry for them, but I know that it will be good for the woodwork and furniture, as well as our skin! They have to use litter made from recycled newspaper so that they don't get the rocks of the other kind of litter stuck in their paws, causing pain and possible infection. It's not cheap stuff, but ya gotta think of the cats.

I am so happy that I dropped the class--I have more time to work on the house, do social stuff, get out and about, and plan for next semester. I still do nightly walks on campus, but I've used some of the extra time to do more intense workouts here at home--six packs, where are you? I need to use the time to wash and vacuum my car too cuz we live by a place that works with rock and kicks up a lot of dust, making my car look gray instead of red.

New computer still has some sort of software glitch but I'm sure that when I call D.I.T. they'll know what to do. I've written down what has happened and when/where.

Have an awesome November! Discussion topic: If you could be anyone (living or not) for one day, who would it be? I'm undecided right now as I just came up with the topic, but I'll post a response soon.

Song of the Day: "Brace Yourself" by Howie Day on the "Stop All the World Now" CD.
Steve