Last week of '04
A new year approaches and the old one becomes a part of the history books. How was your '04? I'm not gonna complain about mine. Maybe I'll list the highlights in a year-end blog...we'll see.
Well, Grams is here for another few days. She's in Lincoln with Mom today doing some shopping. Everyone got a few gift certificates for Christmas, as requested this year. We decided it's silly to ask for the actual gifts when they all go on sale the next day, so we got certificates so we could do after Christmas shopping. I'm using mine for new shoes and sheets. I got a griddle from Grams that's perfect for making pancakes, a portable CD/MP3 player from the 'rents that I'm exchanging (hopefully for something cheaper), a little water fountain with color-changing lights from my sis (which was missing the power cord to plug it in), "Austin Powers: Goldmember" DVD from the other sis, and a CD-ROM software set that creates a family tree. I've entered about 50 names into the tree so far and it's nice to have something to compile my 3+ years of research on. Bit by bit I'm getting my history figured out. I found a site online that a woman put together with info. about various linked family trees. Get this--my grandpa Brown and his parents were listed! I emailed the woman and it turns out we are related on my dad's dad's side. I'm helping her fill in the gaps in her website while she's helping me fill out my CD-ROM program. Small world.
I've sent my health forms and final financial aid form to CU. Now I just wait for the offices to open back up to register and such. I also have a parking sticker to get. Looks like I have a meeting to go to the day before I start classes to meet other new and transfer students.
Discussion topic: What are the 2 things you got for Christmas you like the most and why?
Song of the Day: "When it Comes" by Tyler Hilton. Great for John Mayer fans---very similar style.











<< Home