< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Sick with the mystery bug

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Sick with the mystery bug

Hey all. Since I've become popular in the last few days, I will update. Thanks to all who posted, it means a lot.
I have been sick since last Monday or so with something. I have no idea what it is...as of today there has been no fever, throwing up (thank God), sore throat, etc. I have been extremely tired all the time, my stomach gets upset occasionally, and nothing sounds good to eat (yet I'm always feeling hungry). My dad, who NEVER gets sick (and I hate him for that) is sick. Last night he walked in from work with eyes watering, face all red, and basically looking like hell. If he's sick, this is one strong bug. I've missed a bunch of classes this week, which is not good for me, but I can't really help it. I took an exam today and was so out of it I couldn't really give a crap what the questions were so I just circled what sounded good for answers. Since the class average was like a D, I should fit in!
Just had my muffler replaced...again. I had one put on at MMC and that had to be replaced. Nothing comes with a warranty anymore I swear. Mom just replaced hers too. Something's goin' on with my headlight too--it won't come on unless I walk up to it and tap it. Doesn't look like it's loose...
I am signed up for an open mic night performance at the local coffee shop, Neutral Groundz. It's this Friday and if I'm feeling like this, I won't be able to attend. Here's hoping for the best.
I've recently switched to Mozilla Firefox from Internet Explorer because D.I.T. said the computers they've seen virus problems with have I.E. and recommended the switch. A couple days later, Firefox was in the news for a big increase in people using it. Some guys have been arrested for 'spim', or IM spam. Whatever I got from MSN a while back is still in the system, but much better. I hope they crucify whoever sent that crap out.
Haven't given anything up for Lent. I did take some food to the local food pantry today though. OOPS, I'm not to let my right hand know what my left is doing......
I have a week left until the much-needed Spring Break. Not sure what I'm doing, but it will be nice not to worry about classes and such.

Song of the Day: "Sleeps with Butterflies" by Tori Amos. She was on Regis yesterday and Letterman a couple before that. She'll also be on Carson Daly and some other things. I got on a live MSN chat with her and her fans yesterday which was cool. She answered questions (not mine though :( ) and it was pretty cool to know we were doing the same thing at the same time a 1/2 nation apart.