< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Today is the 1st anniversary of my blog!! Thanks to all who have read faithfully over the last year. A great deal has happened since I began typing this, which you can see by the archives. I can't quite get my head around the fact that I've had this going that long...it really doesn't seem like it. My mom didn't believe me when I told her. Since I started this, Billie, Cheryl, and Jonathan started blogs of their own (not saying they are copying or anything...) and Jay has changed his. Kyle-in case you ever read this, your blog was the main thing that inspired me to write my own--not sure why, but it was. Too bad yours didn't work out so well in the end...some people are jerks.

Tonight I had an audition for a music scholarship. I sang "Music of the Night" from Andrew Lloyd Webber's "The Phantom of the Opera". Since it was a short notice, I had no accompaniest and sang a cappella, but it sounded very good. I was nervous, my hands went numb and I started to shake a bit, but the sound was as good as I'd ask for. I'll let you know if they award me with the scholarship or not. (Pray hard!)

I used another Christmas gift certificate to buy "The Phantom..." movie soundtrack. It was on sale at Best Buy, so I got the full length, 2 disc version for the shortened, single disc price. The guy charged me the full price so I showed him the page I had printed out showing the sale price on bestbuy.com. Nice to be prepared in case someone wants to rip you off, which is what I expected. He discounted it and I still have a few bucks left on the card!

Also, out of all poems submitted to CU's poetry publication, only 25 poems were selected to be printed in the 04/05 edition. Out of those 25, 2 are mine!!! I'm very honored and excited--this is my 4th college level publication with my poetry selected for printing. Here's hoping for the critic's choice award!

I have more to do---I'm singing with the guys at chapel tomorrow.

Much love, thanks for reading and keep it up!

Stephen