< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Ok already, I'll find some original stuff to post

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Ok already, I'll find some original stuff to post

Since I've had this site over a year and a number of people have wondered why I've never posted my songs, I'm going to start posting them. I will also be posting poetry. To protect my material, I will only begin with work that has been published so that there is proof to my ownership. Please do not share the work with anyone without asking me first. Thanks a ton--hope you enjoy!

“A Warrior’s Weapon”
2003

In a land not far away
A land where evil rises
And steals the light of day
With help from its disguises
A force is felt inside
And longs to be let go
A force with truth and pride
A light that yearns to show

And in these darkened times
When fools so strongly rule
A hero in his prime
Hunts the wicked and the cruel
His body like a fortress
His message like a song
A sword his mighty torturess
To the vile and the wrong

A hero with a presence
That none have known before
And faith his very essence
To win at every war
This soldier in the battle
Has a purpose and a will
That no act of hate could rattle
No force of terror thrill

What is this force within
That keeps the warrior going
And brings back light again
The rays that now are showing?
It’s a force he gives to all
Of those who sob and mope
To strengthen spirits small
The force, by name, is hope