Happy Easter
Well, another Easter has arrived. Like last year, the Good Friday weather was cold and gray while today is warm and sunny. Funny how the weather always seems to echo the mood of those two days for us. I went to Holy Thursday mass, Good Friday service, and part of mass today. Everyone is meeting here after church and having a big dinner. Lisa made baked Alaska cake which looks great--she shaped it like an egg (kinda) and put pink whipped cream over it instead of white. Crystal brought deviled eggs (ew) and something else. Mom made ham and 2 veggies. Dad was in charge of his usual---more chips and crackers than we'd ever eat in a day, sliced cheese, and the rest of the 'relish tray'. The table is set with 6 settings of glass dinner plates, crystal goblets, and brightly colored bunny napkins. There are matching paper plates for the dessert.
The Easter bunny stopped by in the wee hours of the morning too. Our baskets from ages ago have been lined up in front of the faux fireplace and have had candy, chocolate bunnies (the smaller, thin ones---Easter bunny picked up on our heath kick) and a plastic egg in each basket with money inside.
I have some homework to do today and tomorrow, which will be my last day of Easter Break. My voice coach is gone this week so I don't have my Tues/Wed lessons. I also have an article to complete for the April 1st deadline of our campus paper. I'm finally getting published! Gotta get my campus employment stuff all set up too. Lisa is 27 this week and we're going to a local vineyard for wine tasting and a tour. Should be interesting.
Have a great week everyone,
Stephen











<< Home