< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Here's to June

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Here's to June

Hey. June is here and with it the hope of vacation time. The plan is to go to Iowa to stay with Grams before the 4th (so it may not happen until July), bring her here for the 4th since we're the "4th of July City", and then she'd get taken home, maybe by Lisa. I haven't gotten to stay in Iowa for some time now and it would be a nice getaway. Grams' town is small and quiet, which can be a problem if you stay too long, but for the typical trips we make, it's perfect for getting away from people, noise, frustration, and such. There are some stores, video rentals, a pool, park, and library, which all help to make it more enjoyable. It's the type of town where you can literally walk from one side to the other when you're in the mood for a nice walk. I find the park to be a perfect place to just think (or escape from thinking) while feeding the ducks, sitting on the swings, or strolling through the fairgrounds.
Until then I have work to do. I am on campus Mon-Fri for custodial work. Yesterday I drove the John Deere gator around and made 4 deliveries on campus. Got to check out the big girls' dorm for the 1st time as I filled the closets with supplies on each floor. It's in an X shape and can be very disorienting the way it all comes together in the middle--hard to tell which direction your going in once you get in there. I also do the weekend cleaning at Dad's office and I WOULD be mowing for Sonic's, but the rains (and massive drama I won't even go into) have prevented that. Keep going Stephen...vacation will be soon...
My yard's looking quite nice. The flowers look better than they have in years, and I've added hanging baskets, roses, columbine, snap dragons, and pinks this year to make it even better. I'm gonna make some stepping stones using some glass we have in the garage and mosaic tiles or marbles or something.
Well, I could keep going, but I have a little weekend house/yard work and a little reading to catch up on.
Thanks for continuing to read--means a ton!
Steve
Song of the Day: "Telescope Eyes" by Eisley. Saw the vid on digital cable Music on Demand and just heard it on Launch.