< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Shopping makes me tired

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Shopping makes me tired

Since I don't have anything thrilling to report, I'll let you in on my day. Went to Lincoln today to run errands. After going to every store in the city that sells solar lights, I ended up getting the ones I had taken back in the first place, thinking I'd find something better. At least they were $10 less this time! I got a new polo from the mall-wide clearance--music to my ears. Not bad--$25 polo shirt for $7. Also got 2 t-shirts, but one isn't the one I wanted, but what they had and it's all I could get with the exchange of the one that hadn't fit. Also got 2 pairs of flip flops for $6, so I have something for the beach as well as something to keep my feet from touching the fungus-infested shower floors in the dorm this fall. Got some other little junk too--nice to have a day to just spoil myself a bit. 6 hours shopping has left me like a zombie though--must...get...sleep.
Okay, now that I've made myself sound like a girl for a paragraph, I must be redeemed. I have installed 9 of the 12 solar lights, which make the yard look incredible. With the new paint on the house and the lights, it looks like we actually have money. Grams will be thrilled come July when she's out here. I also spent 2 hours in the 95 degree heat mowing for a guy who was gonna put a fireworks stand on the Sonic property. He told me to have it done by the 22nd and he still hasn't showed up---glad I made a special rush. When driving the truck I borrowed for that day from a car dealership, I lost the licence plate that the guy had attached to the rear bumper. What's worse? He had taped the registration to the back of the plate! It isn't my fault he did this, but I'm a bit guilty feeling for not realizing I'd lost the plate sooner. I've had my parents and myself all take separate vehicles and look for it multiple times to no avail. Hope someone finds it and turns it in.
Tomorrow's my parents' 34th and my mom's bday is coming up a few days later. Mom and I will be in IA for the week, so I won't be around to chat or anything until July.
Enjoy the week--pray for my safe travel and that I get some relaxation on my 'vacation'.
Song of the Day: "Different" by Acceptance. CD title-"Phantoms".
later dudes!