< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Once upon a time I updated regularly...

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Once upon a time I updated regularly...

In case you were wondering, I am actually still alive. After the past week it's a shocker though. I've been so exhausted I have barely wanted to get out of bed. I've missed a bunch of classes and some work as well. I don't know if the constant pushing has gotten to me emotionally and physically or if I just had a weird bug, but I hope this week is much better. Needless to say, I had no energy or will to write anything for you.
On Thursday night, a dear family friend passed away. His name was Father Reisdorff and he was the priest in Seward when my folks moved here. He baptized Lisa and I and is the reason my mom has her job as Religious Ed. Dir. at the church. This is her 20th year at that job, which he personally asked her to take by coming to our house. When I was suffering from depression and panic attacks in high school, he gave me the Sacrament of the Sick at the 'retirement home' for priests on one of my visits. We've gone through a total of 5 priests at our church through my lifetime, but I always kept in contact with Fr. R. His last years were spent at Madonna Hospital and I visited him just days before he died. A few priests were there, along with some family. He was wrapped in blankets and unable to move, speak, or even open his eyes much. The last thing I did was tell him that we loved him and blessed him by making the sign of the cross on his forehead (to which my mom commented that I'm still gonna be a priest).

Thanks for reading--keep in touch,
Stephen