< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: When it rains, it pours

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Friday, December 23, 2005

When it rains, it pours

Well, tomorrow is Christmas Eve, our family's big day. Let's just get everyone up to date on how Christmasy I'm feeling. After taking antibiotics for whatever bug I had, I am now worse rather than better. I now have a runny nose and I think I have strep throat. My grandma was taken to the hospital by ambulence, where they did a CAT scan and found a bulging disc. So she'll spend the holidays in pain and physical therapy, with my uncles taking turns driving to her town and getting her to the doctors. Mom may have to go to spend time with her, which may mean driving on Christmas Day. I recently got my grades for last semester and while they're good, I got credit for 12 of 15 hours, so I had to get that fixed. I won't get into the personal stuff of recent financial issues, but I'll just say that they aren't good either. Voc. Rehab. may end up helping me with some financial aid, but I'm jumping through hoops just to get a scholarship--have been for 5 months now! It's gray, cold, my family's depressed, my outdoor lights have been shorting out, there are few presents under the tree, my cookies turned out terrible, and my throat is practically swollen shut. Merry Christmas!