< < <

E




VIEW steve's guestbook | SIGN steve's guestbook
Stephen's Blog--A Journal of Sorts: Is this winter?

Stephen's personal thoughts/opinions on any and all topics that come to mind.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Is this winter?

Hey--yes, I'm alive. Turns out I have an issue with my liver, but nothing too serious. I've had 2 chiropractic adjustments this week and will have another tomorrow. Looks like my spine is a bit crooked and my neck is straight (should be curved) with vertabrae sitting on top of each other, pinching nerves and such. Explains the grinding I feel when I move my head.
It's February but it doesn't feel like it. It's been so warm and we haven't had any snow on the ground since '05. I am not a fan of shoveling, but I'm wondering what the heck happened to winter. Knowing NE, we'll get a blizzard later this month and a nasty March. Today it was very cold--funny how some days can be 15 degrees and the cold doesn't bother you and other days it's 35 and the cold bites your bones. I had someone from Alaska say that it's technically colder there but feels colder here. Odd.
Grams is better--thanks for the prayers. You can redirect them for my aunt Toni. She has had Lupus for years and has had more surgeries than I can remember and just got home from another one. She needs big time prayers, as she is in her 40s but has the health of a 90-year-old. Dad could use prayers too--not even gonna get into that.
After some drama, turns out I'm not gonna get the XP from dad's office. The guy with the code won't let us have it for this computer, so I had the XP disc, but no code to install it. Gonna look over XP Home and Pro to decide which to get. If all goes as planned, I'll do some recording in March over Spring Break. *cross fingers*
Valentine's Day is coming up and I'm in my state of perpetual solitude, so it'll suck as always. V-Day is always a crappy day for me for some reason--bad things always happen. Let's break the streak this year, huh? BTW, I HATE it when people say "valentime's day". There is no M in the name! Also, how did 2 Catholic feast days, St. Valentine's and St. Patrick's, get whored out into commercial sex and booze events?
Anywho, I'll try to update soon--we'll see.
Song of the Day: "Gorecki" by Lamb. It is used briefly (and VERY quietly) in Moulin Rouge.
Stephen